About Me

I am at Florida State College Jacksonville in the Office of Learning Services. I lead the custom learning solutions for our new small business unit Global Education Learning Solutions GLS. I enjoy presenting at various conferences on my work and research interests. Currently I am very interested in mobile e-books, immersive exploratory learning objects, offline synchronizing LMS technologies, and situated cognition. Additionally, I am experimenting with ways immersive virtual environments such as Second Life may be used to support teaching and learning. One fascinating book I recommend for those interested in virtual worlds is Synthetic Worlds by Edward Castronova. Last year I completed a multiple case study exploring student learning experiences with mobile e-books, with a particular focus on situated learning and am interested in the learning applications of social media.....

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Welcome Summer Classes


Hello all in EEX4201 and EEX4231, I have been reading all your introduction posts in the Epsilen forums and it sounds like we have a great group here. I also have seen that there quite a few of you who are taking both of these courses. Here are a couple tips for success: 1. do not fall behind, 2. use the syllabus due dates to plan your week, 3. stay current each week in reading and posting often in the discussion forums. Remember that the quizzes are designed for you to master the content, so you are free to take them multiple times until you reach the highest score you like. Challenge? :) Have fun and make sure to stay on top of your text readings and begin collecting articles for your literature review [EEX4201 only].

No comments:

Post a Comment