About Me

I am at Florida State College Jacksonville in the Office of Learning Services. I lead the custom learning solutions for our new small business unit Global Education Learning Solutions GLS. I enjoy presenting at various conferences on my work and research interests. Currently I am very interested in mobile e-books, immersive exploratory learning objects, offline synchronizing LMS technologies, and situated cognition. Additionally, I am experimenting with ways immersive virtual environments such as Second Life may be used to support teaching and learning. One fascinating book I recommend for those interested in virtual worlds is Synthetic Worlds by Edward Castronova. Last year I completed a multiple case study exploring student learning experiences with mobile e-books, with a particular focus on situated learning and am interested in the learning applications of social media.....

Friday, March 9, 2012

EME2040 Extra Credit!!! Opportunity

Attention EME2040 2012 Students who desire extra credit points......

After you complete the main post in discussion 5 on academic social networking, watch the video below and discuss how our transparent connectivity to each other influences learning..... Do this within discussion 5, but as a new thread called "extra credit."  Good Luck!  Dr. Kissinger



No comments:

Post a Comment