About Me

I am at Florida State College Jacksonville in the Office of Learning Services. I lead the custom learning solutions for our new small business unit Global Education Learning Solutions GLS. I enjoy presenting at various conferences on my work and research interests. Currently I am very interested in mobile e-books, immersive exploratory learning objects, offline synchronizing LMS technologies, and situated cognition. Additionally, I am experimenting with ways immersive virtual environments such as Second Life may be used to support teaching and learning. One fascinating book I recommend for those interested in virtual worlds is Synthetic Worlds by Edward Castronova. Last year I completed a multiple case study exploring student learning experiences with mobile e-books, with a particular focus on situated learning and am interested in the learning applications of social media.....

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer2011-EME2040-Int Educational Tech-348301

Summer EME2040 Students,

Excellent thoughts on the second class discussion! I was very impressed with the level of depth many of you went into. There are a handful of you all who have either posted once or not at all. Try not to fall behind in this course as it is fairly short. We are now in session 3, discussion 3. Keep up the good work.... Dr Kissinger

No comments:

Post a Comment