About Me

I am at Florida State College Jacksonville in the Office of Learning Services. I lead the custom learning solutions for our new small business unit Global Education Learning Solutions GLS. I enjoy presenting at various conferences on my work and research interests. Currently I am very interested in mobile e-books, immersive exploratory learning objects, offline synchronizing LMS technologies, and situated cognition. Additionally, I am experimenting with ways immersive virtual environments such as Second Life may be used to support teaching and learning. One fascinating book I recommend for those interested in virtual worlds is Synthetic Worlds by Edward Castronova. Last year I completed a multiple case study exploring student learning experiences with mobile e-books, with a particular focus on situated learning and am interested in the learning applications of social media.....

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer EME2040 Grades & Research Papers

Good morning EME2040 students,

I have just finished going through your grades up until discussion 6 and lab assignment 6. The assignments that have been submitted have been done quite well, however to those how are behind submitting assignments and posting discussions I strongly recommend picking up the pace as there are less that two weeks left in this class, which ends on 8.26.

Research papers: please see my previous blog post on how to maximize your grade, you won't be sorry that you did. APA and in-text research citations are crucial for top scores, and this paper is worth up to 440 points towards your final grade. Hang in there, we are almost to the finish line...you all are doing quite well.

Dr. Kissinger

No comments:

Post a Comment